The objective of the boys and girls athletic programs is the instruction of the students in the basic skills, rules, and strategy of each sport combined with the building of character and good sportsmanship.
At St. Rita School, we believe sports enhance the character and uplift the spirit of our school. Our athletics program is open to students in 3rd through 8th grade, with over 25 percent of students participating. Sports teams include:
St. Rita School offers two spring sports, baseball and softball, for students in sixth through eighth grades. Please see our spring sports participation flyer for more information. Please return forms by March 13 to be eligible to play. We look forward to a fun and exciting season!
St. Rita School offers one to three teams for each sport, coached by volunteers of parents, teachers, and qualified coaches. The program strives to:
- Promote the physical development of each student and increase his/her potential for excellence in sports
- Develop teamwork and fair play
- Develop self-confidence, self-control, self-discipline, and a desire to be the best he/she can be
- Promote growth in social skills and moral development
- Instill in each student a spirit of pride in representing his/her school
- Develop a balance between competition and cooperation