We believe that participating in co-curricular activities enhances the academic experience and creates a sense of belonging and camaraderie for students. We offer a large selection of activities and clubs for our students to get involved in. There's something for everyone.
Our co-curricular activities help provide opportunities for students to develop the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethical conduct, judgment, leadership skills, self esteem, problem solving, physical and mental skills.
- Annual Middle School Musical - Open to students in grades 6, 7, and 8. It provides an opportunity for those interested in performing in front of an audience or who have a desire to be part of the production working crew. Being a part of the play will help students to develop dramatic skills and creativity.
- School Band and Instrumental Instruction - Provided through Future Musicians, Inc.
- School Newspaper and Yearbook - Students in grades 6, 7, and 8 learn journalism skills, basics of computer layout and design, and the essentials of good photography.
- Technology Club - Students in grades 4 through 8 broaden their skills with the latest technology trends.
- Mock Trial - Students in grades 7 and 8 prepare for a "trial" complete with a judge, lawyers, witnesses, and defendants. Together, students prepare to "try" an assigned case.
- National Geographic Geography Bee - Annual geography bee with materials prepared by the National Geographic Society. Open to students in grades 5 through 8.
- Knights of Columbus Spelling Bee - Annual spelling bee open to students in grades 4 through 7.
- Invention Convention - 5th grade participates in a state-wide program designed to develop, encourage, and enhance thinking skills through invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
- UCONN - UCONN - 8th grade participates in GlobalEd; a world simulation project.
- Student Council - For students in grades 6, 7, and 8. Student government aims to create harmonious relationships among the faculty, the administration, the student body, and community. Student council activities hold endless possibilities for enhancing the classroom curriculum and developing the students' skills both as leaders and followers.
- National Jr. Honor Society - Membership in the National Junior Honor Society is an honor bestowed upon a student at the end of his/her 7th grade year. Selection for membership is based on outstanding scholarship, citizenship, character, leadership, and service. Acceptance is neither automatic nor guaranteed.
- Environmental Club - For students in grades 1 through 4. This club includes activities and projects that are all environmentally focused.
- Arts and Crafts Club - This club includes students in grades 3 through 5. The students create and design new projects each week.